Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baby 4d Sonogram Today (and tons of traffic, to our dismay!)

We drove to Fairfax for a 4d sonogram appointment. We've waited months for this appointment and the baby wouldn't move away from my back(!). He was very difficult to see, the sonographer had me move all different directions before we could see his profile. He was very active but his hands (and feet) were covering his head a large part of the time. We know he has great lips and Matt's nose. The sonographer kept saying how cute he is, but I'm sure she tells everyone that so it made me wonder if he was cute at all. Maybe when she says 'oh wow he's cute' she means 'oh man look at that funny nose and huge lips'. We sat in traffic for hours on the way up (we were late) and again on the way home. Matthew had to leave for work as soon as we got home and we left at around 9 am. I'm glad we got to see him, even if he didn't show us as much as we'd hoped to see. I was a little worried that we'd waited too long, I think I've read that they start to get pretty cramped in there by 29 weeks. I think we might have gotten a better look a week ago, but we also wanted him to be well developed. I see it's a very small window. Anyway, it was great to see him and get a feel for what he'll look like. The sonogram definitely doesn't last long enough though! I felt extremely disappointed when she ejected the tape and we had to leave, it seemed to me we'd just gotten there. I wonder if he'll be disgusted one day when we tell him we saw him licking his placenta... though I guess it's no worse than the thought of sucking on your mothers' boobs. Maybe we wont tell him...
Also, the sonographer said I look really small and I must get that a lot. Well, I do. Is it me that is small or him? Or is everyone else big? I don't know, makes me a little uneasy though.
One more thing: Lately we have been talking about the name Rory. I think he kind of looked like a Rory in his 4d shot, so it just might be his name. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment